BLOCK 1 TRIMESTER 1 2018: TLAW 101 – BUSINESS LAW – ASSIGNMENT QUESTIONS
Due date: Friday, 6 April 2018 11-59 PM IN TURNITIN
Size: 1500 phrases (+/- 10%), appropriately referenced
Reply the next questions on the subject of the related widespread legislation and fairness
ideas working in Australia regarding contracts plus associated and different transactions. Do
not take into account the consequences of laws probably relevant aside from that particularly
recognized. College students might make no matter extra factual and/or authorized assumptions are
crucial or handy. And college students should write about 1500 phrases (+/- 10%), or about 750
(+/- 10%) phrases per 15 mark allocation.
Query 1 15 Marks
The College of Millennia known as for tenders for provides of inexperienced seed for its surrounds, with
a time limit of 1 June.
The next tenders have been submitted:
• Greenland hand-delivered its tender on 29 Might, which went into the tender field.
• Enviro posted its tender on 15 Might. This letter was acquired by the College on 17 Might,
however, by being submitted so early, one of many administrative assistants filed it with the
intention of later placing it within the field when she was correctly organised.
• Plant Without end posted its tender on 30 Might. This letter arrived on 2 June however however
was put into the tender field.
It transpired that solely two of the tenders have been thought-about by the related administrative
officers of the College. Though the tender by Enviro was the bottom and contained the
most tasty options, the executive assistant forgot the place she had filed it and didn’t
discover it once more till per week after the choice was made.
Greenland’s tender was the subsequent lowest, however due to rumours about its unreliability, the
College awarded the contract to Plant Without end. The College posted a letter to Plant
Without end advising that its tender was profitable. Sadly, this letter by no means reached Plant
Without end as a result of it was destroyed by a disgruntled postal employee who had simply been made
redundant. Because it had not heard from the College, Plant Without end as an alternative dedicated its
full inventory of seed to a different contract with a regional council.
The College turned conscious of the complete scenario regarding the tender by Enviro and the
place during which Plant Without end now finds itself. It seeks recommendation regarding its contractual
place in relation to all three tenders.
Query 2 15 Marks
On 1 October Footloose Pty Ltd positioned the next discover within the Day by day Information newspaper:
Particular Sneakers Particular Reductions
Footloose Pty Ltd is awaiting the supply of the newest summer time assortment footwear from Italy.
Kinds embody the brand new slingback sandals and wedge heels. Costs begin at $2000 per hundred
pairs (sure kinds solely); large reductions could also be negotiated for bulk orders. All inquiries to Ms
Simone, Gross sales Supervisor, on 1400 765 432 or by fax on 06 9234 567.
On 2 October Well-known Footwear despatched the next fax to Ms Simone:
We settle for your provide within the Day by day Information. We want to order 500 pairs at $2000 per hundred.
Particulars on supply to comply with.
On four October James, the proprietor of shoe retailer James’s Sneakers, which had a number of regional
shops all through Australia, despatched the next fax to Ms Simone at Footloose:
We check with your discover within the Day by day Information and want to buy 2000 pairs of slingback
sandals. Our greatest worth is $30,000 together with GST and supply. Please advise.
On 6 October Ms Simone despatched the next fax to James:
Footloose will promote 2000 pairs of slingback sandals for $30,000, excluding supply. Cost by
money or financial institution cheque is due on supply. Please advise.
James instantly wrote the next letter to Ms Simone, which was mailed on eight October:
We check with your fax of 6 October and are ready to fulfill you on these phrases. Please let me
know the earliest supply date.
On 10 October Ms Simone telephoned James. After a brief dialogue James faxed Ms Simone
a replica of the letter of eight October. The events agreed that James’s Sneakers would take supply
of the sandals from Footloose’s Sydney warehouse on 1 November.
Referring to related case legislation and giving causes to your propositions, talk about the authorized impact
of every of the types of correspondence between Footloose, Well-known Footwear and James’s
Sneakers that came about between 1 October and 10 October.
You’ll have proven proof of the next:
• the written expression is poor and obscure
• the reply is poorly organised
• referencing is usually insufficient
• lack of familiarity with the laws and its software
• failure to determine and deal with the problems within the query
• reasoning and software demonstrated is poor.
• made a conscientious try to deal with the subject and/or reply the query
• proven proof of getting finished the required studying and of getting understood the
• introduced an affordable argument to again up your conclusions
• demonstrated an affordable degree of spelling and grammatical utilization
• used referencing however this may increasingly want enchancment
• points that will must be recognized and addressed in additional depth.
• addressed the subject and/or answered the query straight
• introduced soundly primarily based arguments and backed these up with causes
• gone past description to evaluation of key points
• used the English language effectively
• proven proof of studying extensively
• demonstrated understanding of the studying
• used referencing that’s passable.
• met the above standards for a credit score
• demonstrated the attainment of a excessive diploma of understanding of the ideas of
• demonstrated deep perception into the appliance of data and expertise acquired to
advanced theoretical and sensible conditions
• used referencing appropriately
• made reference to all applicable laws.
• met the above standards for a distinction
• demonstrated the attainment of an excellent degree of feat concerning the
goals of this course
• demonstrated an fascinating and/ or authentic strategy/ concept/ argument
• demonstrated mastery of the related referencing system
• ensured conclusions are backed by well-reasoned arguments demonstrating a
detailed perception and evaluation of points
• ensured references are made to the suitable laws for specific points.
END OF QUESTIONS