The two-Hour Job
Your LAMP Listing
As Shared by Steve Dalton, writer of
“The two Hour Job Search, Utilizing
Expertise to Get the Proper Job
Introduced by the Workplace of Enterprise Profession Administration
LAMP is a job search technique created by Steve Dalton, writer
of “The two Hour Job Search, Utilizing Expertise to Get the Proper
Job Sooner”. It helps by gathering particular employer info
and helps you choose which employers to method and in what
• Ensures that:
1. related duties are grouped collectively.
2. every process is completed to the suitable degree of element.
• Makes use of the 80-20 Rule to get 80% of employer analysis’s
profit in 20% of the time.
• L = Listing
• A = Advocacy (Alumni or Affinity)
• M = Motivation
• P = Posting
• You’ll need entry to Excel to create your LAMP; keep away from
creating a number of LAMP lists.
What Does LAMP Stand For?
LAMP = LIST
Bear in mind: Listing solely firm names;
omit any contact info or
obtainable place(s) on this step.
Advocacy: Search our Alumni database to
find alumni and the place they work. Write down
any that spark your curiosity.
Different “Affinity” Choices: (1) family and friends ,
(2) proximity to your present residence, (Three)
similarity to your earlier expertise. Actively Hiring / Posting: Search
for job postings that curiosity you.
Development Following: Search for through google
“tendencies” in your required
trade/capabilities, find related
articles. You will discover some hidden
• Objective: Listing 10 doable employers in 10 minutes for
every half, ending with 40 corporations.
• Break into 4 elements:
– Dream Employers
– Alumni or Affinity Employers
– Posting Search / Actively Hiring Employers
– Development Following / Sponsorship*
• *Worldwide college students can exchange the Development
Following class with a Sponsorship class.
Good useful resource to go looking: Redbus2us.com.
• Don’t use this for firm analysis; simply checklist the
names. In case you get caught, consider rivals for
these corporations listed.
LAMP: Listing Column (40 minutes)
LAMP: Advocacy Column (10 minutes)
• Search your Alumni database similar to
(Alumni teams in LinkedIn) to find
doable Alumni from the 40 corporations
listed within the “L” column.
• In case you discover Alumni place a Y (sure), if no
Alumni matches any of the businesses
place a N (no) within the Advocacy column.
• If utilizing Affinity in your Advocacy column,
comply with the identical directions as for Alumni
utilizing one of many following:
Possibility 1 – family and friends
Possibility 2- proximity to your present
Possibility Three – similarity to your earlier
Write Y (sure) or N (no) on this column.
LAMP: Motivation Column (5 minutes)
• Analyze the employers you will have in
your “L” column.
• You’re going to fee the employers
primarily based in your motivation in
• The upper the quantity, the extra
motivated you might be.
• Use the next score system:
Three = favourite employer
2 = center tier alternative
1 = decrease tier alternative
Zero = don’t know sufficient to make an
LAMP: Posting Column (15 minutes)
• Utilizing your job search engine of
alternative, seek for present job
postings from corporations listed in
your employer checklist (L) column
• Use the next score system:
Three = related job postings
2 = has job postings, however not
related to your job search
1= no job postings
Time to Kind Your LAMP Listing
• Kind your LAMP checklist as follows:
• After you will have your accomplished
LAMP checklist, choose Customized
Kind>Add Degree>Kind By:
Motivation, Posting and
• Order from Largest to Smallest
your Motivation (Three-Zero) , then
• Place Advocacy column in
reverse alphabetical order (Z-A).
Unsorted LAMP Listing
Authentic LAMP Listing Sorted LAMP Listing
Now What Do I Do With My Sorted LAMP Listing ?
• Take a look at your high 5 employers in your LAMP Listing
• Attain out to them utilizing a 6 Level Electronic mail Template
• Conduct Informational Interviews
For extra info on the 6 Level Electronic mail and informational
interviews, take a look at our workshop:
2 Hour Job Search: Why Do We Community?
Be part of us @HireFIUBiz
Electronic mail: email@example.com
Web site: enterprise.fiu.edu/careers
-research paper writing service