Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Organization Design and Development (MGT 404)
Due Date: 12/03/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Organization Design and Development Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT404 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: Second CRN:
For Instructor’s Use only
Marks Obtained/Out of 10 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Organization Design and Development- MGT 404
Assignment 1, Total Marks: 10
Course Learning Outcomes:
• Describe the basic steps of the organizational development process
• Evaluate the strategic role of change in the organization and its impact on organizational performance
• Please read Chapters 2, 3 and 4 in your textbook “Organization development and change.” (10th ed.) by Cummings, T., & Worley, C.
• Please read the case study entitled as “Contracting for Success: Scoping Large Organizational Change Efforts.” available in the textbook “Cases and Exercises in Organization Development & Change” 12th edition by D. Anderson and answer the following questions:
Case Study Questions:
1. Discuss the critical success factors for Valley Medical Center. (1.5 Mark)
2. As an OD practitioner, what are the steps you would take as you begin the entry and contracting phase? (1.5 Marks).
3. Valley Medical Center is experiencing a great deal of change. What recommendations would you make to help them more effectively handle the change they are experiencing? (2 Marks)
4. Compare Lewin’s model of planned change to other available models in Chapter Two. The comparison should focus on the evaluation of Lewin’s model in terms of strengths and weakness. Use at least two scholarly peer-reviewed references to support your answer. (3 Marks)
5. Empathy is one of the key issues that could face an OD practitioner in the process of entering and contracting. Discuss the issue of ‘empathy’ in the context of a hypothical company. (2 Marks)
Case Study Questions: