Write a research paper of 5-6 pages of content without counting the title page and reference pages. It will contain 3-4 peer reviewed articles and 6-7 other outside sources (credible websites or agencies).
The purpose of this assignment is for you to identify an issue of concern for your role as an advanced nurse practitioner and to formulate a potential policy change to address that issue.
The issue must be related to the topic of Obesity in children and adolescents. The policy you consider may be somehow in reaction to the previous topic or something larger that is still related to that issue. Here is a list of a few topics to consider:
Child and elder care
Native American and migrant workers’ health
Legislative issues affecting advanced practice nursing
Barriers to practice
Access to care
These paper should have the following APA headings:
· Describe the health policy issue: Identify the issue and explore its background
· Legislation Type: Identify the type of legislation, such as state and federal, scope of practice, reimbursement, loan repayment, or others that relate the issue of concern
· Review of Literature: Review of a minimum of 3–4 peer-reviewed articles and 6–7 other outside sources.
· Current Policy: Describe the current policy that deals with the health policy issue and specify how it impacts nursing or healthcare.
· Aspects of Proposed (or Changed) Policy: Describe the specific aspects of your proposed policy or the change you would do to the previous policy and how it would impact nursing or healthcare. Explain possible methods of addressing the issue; as well as goals and options for changes
· Who Benefits and Who Supports: Identify the individuals who would benefit from the policy change and explain where support for the change would be found. Risks and benefits of the changes
· Impact of Policy Change on Nursing and Healthcare: Describe the impact of the policy change on nursing practice and health care.
· Analysis of Policy and Influence on My Practice : Explain the policy from your point of view and how this will influence your practice.