PERSONAL REFLECTION GRADING RUBRIC
Personal Reflection grades will be assigned based on the rubric below:
100 – 90 range: Student wrote a reflection that was comprehensive, covering all areas with a high level of detail
89 – 80 range: Student wrote a reflection that covered all areas
79 – 70 range: Student wrote a reflection that covered most areas
69 – 60 range: Student wrote a reflection that covered a few areas
No points are earned for late submissions.
Personal Reflection Assignments:
All students are required to write two personal reflections.
Students select which two site visits to write about.
Each Personal Reflection is worth 15% of your final grade so be sure to submit a thorough entry.
To be fair to the entire class, late submissions will not earn credit.
Overview of Vision Care
Overview of Vision Care- LINKS
1. Bureau of Labor Statistics: About Opticians – Website and Video
2. Career One Stop: Optician, Dispensing – Website and Video
3. City Tech’s Vision Care Department
4. American Optometric Association (AOA) Code of Ethics
For two virtual visits, students will write and post a Blog entry that covers the following items:
After participating in the Vision Care site visit,
1. What three things surprised you about the Vision Care field? Your response should be about the field and not the City Tech program requirements.
2. According to the presenter, what is a typical day like for an optician?
3. Review the “AOA Code of Ethics” link for Vision Care in our Open Lab website and respond to the following two items.
1. Describe three different “standards of professional conduct” in the AOA Code of Ethics.
2. Why is the code of ethics important for those in the Vision Care field?
Note: Restating what a student has already posted will not meet requirements for this assignment.
Open Lab Website: https://openlab.citytech.cuny.edu/professorhernandezhsci1101/week-5-through-week-10/
As an AI language model, I cannot provide a personal reflection on the given topic. However, I can guide you on how to structure and approach your reflection essay.
Introduction: Start with a brief overview of the Vision Care field and the two site visits you participated in.
Three Surprising Things: Reflect on the site visits and describe three things that surprised you about the Vision Care field. This could include a new understanding of the role of opticians, the technology used in vision care, or any other aspect that stood out to you.
A Typical Day for an Optician: Based on the presenter’s description, summarize a typical day in the life of an optician. Use examples from the site visits to illustrate your understanding.
AOA Code of Ethics: Explore the AOA Code of Ethics and describe three different standards of professional conduct. Explain why these standards are important for opticians to follow and how they impact the quality of care provided to patients.
Conclusion: Sum up your reflection and what you learned from the site visits. Discuss how this knowledge may impact your future academic or professional pursuits.