PROJECT 3: COMMENTARY English 1302 5+ pp ds, 5+ sources, 100 points ©2016 Stacia Campbell, Ph.D.
PROJECT three: COMMENTARY English 1302 5+ pp ds, 5+ sources, 100 factors ©2016 Stacia Campbell, Ph.D. LENGTH REQUIREMENT: 5 Full pages MINIMUM, in a 12-point Instances New Roman font with 1-inch margins. Writing for size doesn't embrace header, title, or Works Cited.
RESEARCH REQUIREMENT: MINIMUM OF 5 SOURCES launched, integrated, cited, and listed on a accurately formatted Works Cited web page. Embody selection: web sites, articles, movies, photographs, brochures, and many others. ASSIGNMENT: USING CHAPTER 12 IN Argument Right this moment, WRITE A COMMENTARY PAPER through which you STATE YOUR CREDO and assumptions, then ARGUE your personal ANGLE from a particular POSITION on a problem that has CURRENT EVENTS and DIFFERING VIEWPOINTS surrounding it RIGHT NOW within the information, social media, communities, and many others. WORK HARD ON YOUR TOPIC AND ANGLE – YOU NEED A FRESH ONE! Instance: Instagram’s new “censorship”! Bear in mind, YOU ARE THE COMMENTATOR GUIDING THE DISCUSSION! (it could be useful to consider sports activities commentator up within the glass window field saying at a soccer or soccer sport and offering particulars on the important thing gamers!) Observe this path to save lots of time:
1) CHOOSE 5 SOURCES AS YOUR “data base” 2) Then, CREATE A CREDO STATEMENT concerning the difficulty (See Web page 244 in our textbook) three) Then, WRITE DOWN YOUR ANGLE – the actual perspective from which you're arguing and what informs it four) AFTER you have got a properly centered CREDO and an ANGLE,
PREWRITE to reply the next (See Web page 244):
As a result of . . . , I consider that . . .
My assumptions (underlying warrants) are . . .
Some folks consider what I consider as a result of . . .
Some folks don’t consider what I consider as a result of . . .
5) Then, DEVELOP AN OUTLINE OF YOUR MAIN IDEAS. Use the STRUCTURE you sees on Web page 242: Intro, Clarify Present Occasion or Difficulty, Assist your Argument, Make clear your Argument, and Conclude.
6) Within the “SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT” part, you will want a couple of paragraph. (Sure, the assist part is a couple of paragraph. In truth, chances are you'll want one entire paragraph to elucidate one social media publish that created a “furor” associated to your subject!) You possibly can simply develop your important concept sentences for every paragraph by discovering crucial themes and probably the most convincing data to share out of your sources. DO NOT ARRANGE YOUR BODY PARAGRAPHS HERE BY SOURCE. ARRANGE THEM BY YOUR OWN STRONG MAIN IDEAS AND TOPIC SENTENCES! YOU ARE THE GUIDE. DEVELOP AND SEQUENCE YOUR OWN MAIN IDEAS ONE BY ONE! Use good proof and reasoning!
7) FOR YOUR CONCLUSION (final paragraph), DELIVER YOUR OWN PERSONAL “closing assertion” on the difficulty to deliver your level house! Do NOT restate your thesis in the identical phrases. Provide you with a robust closing assertion that leaves readers fascinated with their very own views on the difficulty (however with out utilizing “you” )
eight) CONTINUE LEVELING UP WITH YOUR RESEARCH WRITING SKILLS! Bear in mind to introduce every supply use by telling about its writer, the place and when it was revealed, the context of the dialogue, the knowledgeable credentials of its writer, the audience and function of the supply, and many others. GUIDE YOUR READERS right into a dialogue of what the sources have to supply to THE CONVERSATION you have got created.
9) Bear in mind, after the FIRST TIME YOU USE A SOURCE, chances are you'll consult with it time and again by the writer’s final identify solely (however within the first reference, it's essential to present the writer’s first and final names!) (and should you don’t have an writer, first key phrase in quotes).
10) When you have got accomplished your draft, format your Works Cited web page in MLA documentation type. See Web page 405of your textbook for this course! Alphabetize your entries by the writer’s final identify. For instance, “Atef, Mohammed.” Or “Smith, John.” (A would come earlier than S within the record). You could have 5 sources minimal this time, so alphabetize fastidiously!
11) Earlier than the ultimate deadline, remember to edit your paper for grammar errors! No comma splices, run-on’s, or fragments ought to seem in your
writing at this second school stage of composition! Proofread or see a tutor at our Educational Success Heart for assist!
GRADING CRITERIA FOR THIS PROJECT: NOTE: AN “A” PAPER WILL fulfill the entire standards right here PLUS display at the very least TWO of the STYLISTIC STRATEGIES mentioned on Web page 249 (metaphor, analogy, simile, character mindset to indicate tone, sensory, photographs)
1) Commentary style with thesis as credo and focus maintained all through paper.
2) AN ANGLE created by the author that narrows the main focus of the dialogue and pertains to CURRENT points that invite debate NOW. (no sources older than 2 years)
three) Third-person educational tone freed from shits in perspective (no second- particular person “you” on this one!)
four) Demonstrated construction outlined in project sheet and on Web page 242 of Chapter 12)
5) Developed physique paragraphs which have their very own MAIN IDEAS, TOPIC SENTENCES, and SUPPORTIVE EVIDENCE from related and substantive analysis supplies.
6) Proof of CRITICAL THINKING about sources and EXPLANATION of them.
7) Transitions to offer logical reasoning and coherence. eight) Case-building to differentiate author’s personal perception IN CONVERSATION with
different beliefs/views/viewpoints. 9) Minimal size of 5 pages of scholar unique writing 10) 5 sources minimal, launched, integrated, cited, and
documented on supply record precisely in MLA format. 11) Sentence selection, type, and grammar at Stage 2 of faculty comp (no
sentence boundary errors, no issues with settlement, and care with phrase and word-level enhancing!)
MORE TEXTBOOK HELP! DO NOT SKIP CHAPTER 12! IT IS IMPORTANT!
SEE PAGE 242 FOR ORGANIZATING YOUR PAPER!
SEE PAGE 243 FOR HELP WITH DEVELOPING AN ANGLE!
SEE PAGE 243 FOR CREDO DEFINITION! YOU NEED A CREDO!
SEE PAGE 249 FOR HELP WITH STYLE!
SEE PAGE 251 FOR 10 TIPS! SEE PAGES 253-57 FOR SAMPLES!
-research paper writing service