Developing Social Policy
Topic: Family Violence policy (state e.g. WA, NSW, Vic)
Assessment : Individual Written essay Policy analysis (30%)
Due Date: Week 6
Word count: 1200 words
Using family violence policy topic, you will need to write the essay by answering the following questions.
Using the concepts and literature provided in this unit, and through your own independent research, undertake an analysis of the policy. Your analysis will:
1. Provide a brief history of this policy in Australia, key moments of change in either the problem and/or the policy and key social and political drivers of that change.
2. Describe and discuss the ideological influences apparent in the policy as it stands today (use the Fenna reading). Justify your selection.
3. Provide an example of a similar response to this issue in another jurisdiction e.g. UK, USA
4. Evaluate the extent to which this policy contributes to a more “socially just” Australia – this may require a definition of Social Justice found in the key readings.
5. Provide an example of another welfare regime’s response to a similar problem.
6. Evaluate the extent to which this policy contributes to a more socially just Australia.
7. The paper will demonstrate that you understand:
8. That welfare and social policy is contested. (There are many points of view).
9. How history influences current policy and a history of your policy topic
10. The meaning and influence of ideology in social policy and you can identify ideologies in policy documents.
11. Key features of another welfare regime
12. The meaning of social justice, one or two theories of social justice and an ability to recognise approaches to social justice in current policy
The essay will follow formal essay structure including an introduction, a body with your main points, and a conclusion that summarizes your points and reiterates your position on the question of social justice.
The literature will include at a minimum the required reading for this unit, a primary source policy document, relevant textbook chapters on this policy topic and, 5 peer reviewed journal articles to add depth to your analysis. You cannot use sentences or quotes directly from web pages. Publications can be sourced from government web pages or non-government peak organisation web pages which will need to be fully referenced.
The essay will follow APA7 academic formatting and referencing. Please see the SAP203 Unit Outline for the Marking Criteria.
Applied Clinical Diabetes Education (NS5382) Technology Requirements for Online Study Introduction James Cook University’s subject NS5382 Applied Clinical Diabetes Education is offered fully online. As such, it has certain technology requirements students must meet in order to effectively engage with course content and complete assessments. This paper will outline the key technology needs as stated […]